Monday, January 17, 2005Stick
Josh gave it to Shaw, who gave it to me. (At least, I assume it was me he was referring to.)
Right, let's see...
1. What is the total amount of music files on your computer?
The computer I currently work on contains zero music files... it's an old machine, and really not up to the job. The computer I was using until recently, however, had hundreds of ripped tracks on it. Probably a good 10 gigs worth.
2. The cd you last bought is:
- "Drill A Hole In That Substrate And Tell Me What You See" by Jim White
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message?
- "Not Dark Yet," Bob Dylan
It sounds best with snow.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you:
- "Retrovertigo," Mr. Bungle
My favorite song by my favorite band. The title particularly has resonance; the idea of feeling oneself falling backwards, disoriented, though time is one I can always relate to, right now particularly. That isn't exactly what the song is about, but it's good anyway.
- "Street of Shame," Foetus
A cartoonish thing that sums up my religious sentiments rather well.
- "The Coconut Song," Harry Nilsson
I could not get enough of this one when I was six. And yes, I know it was in Reservoir Dogs. I'm trying to repress that memory.
- "Maple Leaf Rag," Scott Joplin
I grew up listening to my dad play this, which is one of a small handful of completely good memories I have of the man. I intend to learn to play it myself one day.
- "Motherfucker" by Ben Siler
As cold as it is here, I've been singing this one a lot lately.
Who are you going to pass this stick to? (3 persons) and why?
Ummmm... Denny and Mat, and I guess Dave, even though anyone who reads Dave's blog already knows what his taste in music is. But they all have blogs and any of them could surprise me.
Regular posting will resume very soon, I'm sure. It's just taking me a while to get my bearings... you know how it is.