Saturday, January 21, 2006Meme Me
Shaw sez tag.
"The Rules: The first player of this game starts with the topic "five weird habits" and people who get tagged need to write an entry about their five weird habits as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose the next five people to be tagged and link to their web journals(only if you want to). Don't forget to leave a comment in their blog or journal that says "You have been tagged" (assuming they take comments) and tell them to read yours."
Okay, fine -- My Five Weirdest Habits:
1. I'm perfectly capable of sitting in meditative silence, but as soon as the television comes on, I've got to be doing something. I always keep a book or magazine open when I'm watching television. Also, when I'm sitting at the computer, I have a habit of making stuff out of whatever office supplies are at hand -- little sculptures of tape, sticky notes, paper clips, pencils, staples,string/floss, plastic straws, printer paper, correction fluid... whatever. I really should take up knitting or something.
2. I'm really laid back and philosophical about big things that go wrong, but little annoyances are always greeted with obscenities. Frustrating, fiddly manual tasks often turn into prolonged muttered rants made up mostly of the word "cocksucker." Whenever I'm irritated with something (but never someone), it invariably becomes a cocksucker. I almost never use this word otherwise. Weirder still, I'm never actually angry when I do this -- it's more like a little chant to convince whatever object I'm having trouble with to do what I want it to do.
3. If I'm sitting idly -- watching TV, at the computer, or just waiting for something to happen -- and I have nothing else to fiddle with, I'll always start messing with my hair. I just can't fucking keep my hands out of my hair.
4. When I can remember, I generally carry a yo-yo around with me to keep me from doing all of the above. The yo-yo is my path to happiness -- except that if anybody sees me with one, they instantly assume I'm a complete doofus. Which isn't necessarily untrue, it just seems like an unfair assumption to make.
5. In spite of all of this, I persist in my strongly-held belief that I'm really a very calm person.
Who I'm tagging: hell no, I ain't tagging any of you grouchy bastards. People get too bent out of shape about memes -- except for Shaw, and obviously he's already done this one. (Although I bet he's got at least five more, even weirder habits that he just doesn't want any of us to know about.)
If anybody wants to participate, they can do so on a voluntary basis, either on their own blogs or in the comments. And if anybody wants to remind me of other weird habits of mine that I've neglected to mention, feel free to do that in the comments, too. |